It can be upsetting and frightening to have feelings about motherhood that don’t seem “right.” Many new parents have no idea that depression, anxiety, and other postpartum mood disorders are the most common complication of pregnancy and childbirth. If you or your loved one is struggling with feelings of overwhelm and worry, talking to a therapist who specializes in dealing with new motherhood issues can be comforting, relieving and enlightening. There is help, and you are not alone!
Common postpartum symptoms include:
- Feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and alone
- Feeling guilty and blaming yourself for feeling this way
- Not feeling “bonded” with the baby
- Your thoughts are racing and you can’t quiet your mind
- Feeling empty and numb as if you’re just going through the motions
- Lack of focus and concentration
- Being afraid that if you reach out for help, others will judge you
- Thoughts of running away or leaving your baby behind
- Being constantly in a state of worry
If one or more of the above symptoms resonates with you, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation. Together, we’ll find the underlying issues that make you feel disconnected and alone, and create a strategy for moving forward. Contact me today to see how I can help.